Pages

Friday 24 April 2020

Friday 24th April

Good morning Zarah, Jaemie, Abigail, Samantha, Iverson, Matthew, Bruce, Freddie, Umer, Soraya, Layla, Jasmine and Arya.

Today is Friday 24th April 2020


Today is a special day because........

Its my Birthday!!! 

Let's have and plan a party today 

I have found some fun dances to have at our party, lets try them out and see if they are any good.



Let's play the freeze game


And now for one of my favourites



Right we are warm and ready to plan the party.

Maths 

Today we are going to do a little bit of problem solving.


1st problem

I have 3 red balloons and then I find 2 more red balloons. How many balloons do I have altogether?
(Hint 3+2=)

2nd problem

I made 10 cupcakes but Rico ate 2 of them. How many do I have left?
(Hint 10-2=)

3rd problem

Antonio gave me 4 presents. Matteo gave me 3 presents. How many presents did I get?
(Hint 4+3=)

Challenge question

My cake has 12 candles on it. If I blow out 6 candles. How many candles do I have left to blow out?
(Hint 12-6=)

Writing

For writing today we are going to plan a party for your favourite toy.

You need to;

*Write down who is coming to the party (don't forget you)
*What food you want at the party
*Draw a picture of the cake you want to make

You may like to have a pretend party with your favourite toy afterwards. Send me any photos please :)

Shared Reading

At our home we love Elmo

I found this cute Elmo Birthday video.


Art for Kids Hub
Here is a really cool folding cake you might like to make



Here is a link to a yummy easy cake recipe if you would like to make it with your family


I hope you have had a fun time planning and partying with me.

Please send me any photos of your party/work (lisar@owairaka.school.nz)








6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are enjoying a special day in lockdown :) Freddie is enjoying the party theme today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Freddie and Jess. I am having a lovely day-enjoying this sunshine :) yay I am glad you are enjoying the party theme. Can't wait to hear all about it Freddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rā whānau ki a koe! Happy birthday to you! I love to dance because it is so much fun and I'm exercising at the same time. Stay safe in your bubbles Room 4 tamariki and keep up the great learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Mrs Romaniuk! I love all of the fun dances to do - so much fun! Wishing you a great day in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Mrs Romaniuk, it looks like you have your birthday well planned. I love Elmo too! I wonder if your boys will bake the fluffy vanilla cake for you? Have a very happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Iverson had fun with the birthday theme too. Hope you had a awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete