Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Wednesday 15 April

Good Morning Soraya, Layla, Jaemie, Jasmine, Freddie, Zarah, Umer, Bruce, Arya, Matthew, Iverson, Abigail and Samantha.

Today is Wednesday 15th April 2020

Can you say that out loud to someone in your house?

Welcome back to school. We are now in Term 2.

Firstly I am missing you all. Luckily my house is very busy so it is like being in our class :)

Below are some activities you can try. Remember you can email me (lisar@owairaka.school.nz) any work you would like to show me and that I could share on the blog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesdays lesson:

Yoga

Let's start off with some Easter Yoga. You could get the whole family involved?


Maths

Today let's work on counting in 2's.
Watch the following video



Now can you say it out loud to someone?

Can you write down all the numbers when counting in 2's to 20?

Writing

Today for writing you are going to watch the following video called 'Green sheep?' 

This was my boys' favourite book when they were little.


After watching the story, we are going to write where we think green sheep will be hiding next time.

Your story will start like;

I think Green sheep will be hiding ............

My example is;
I think Green sheep will be hiding in the toy box.

Remember to use;
a capital letter
full stop
finger spaces
listen to our sounds

I can't wait to hear where you think Green sheep will be hiding next time. You could get someone to help you write it in the comments below.

Reading

For reading I want you to read every night or have someone read to you.

For extra practise I would like you to watch the following videos. The videos are of our sight words. Your challenge is to say the sight words before the lady does.

I bet you all remember which coloured sight words you were on.









Education TV

You may like to finish the day by watching some Education TV (channel 2+1 from 9am-3pm)

Good afternoon class, I'll see you tomorrow.

Remember you don't have to do everything on this blog post. Most importantly try and make it fun and work for your family.








7 comments:

  1. Room 4 I really enjoyed doing some of the dances, especially Do The Monkey, I hope you have fun doing them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Green Sheep is hiding behind the tree. By Layla D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Green Sheep is in the tree - Freddie. Thank you for these lessons! They have been great and Freddie loved doing his sight words via YouTube - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job Freddie. I am glad you are liking the sight words. How fast can you say them?

      Delete
  4. I think the Green Sheep sleeping in front of the tree.Zarah
    Thanks for the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He definitely likes sleeping. Good work Zarah

    ReplyDelete