Pages

Monday 23 August 2021

Monday 23 August 2021

Good morning Toby, Charlotte, Lusia, Ui, Lauren, Milah, Uluaki, Frida, Zoe, Joey, Aurora, Royston, Harvey, Mason, Sereen, Arsh, Micaiah, Jack and O'Sheaan

 

Today is Monday 23rd August 2021


Can you say that out loud?
Can you write it down?

Remember you can email me 

(lisar@owairaka.school.nz) 

or write a comment on the blog of any work you have been doing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mondays lesson

Fitness

While searching for a workout for the boys I came across this one. It is one for the whole family.

See if you can give it a go. There are some hard exercises and some easy ones.

Good luck and remember I'm doing it too :)


Right, now that we are warmed up we are ready to do some learning.

Maths

On Friday we worked on numbers after a number. For example the number after 9 is 10.

Here are some to recap:

What number comes after;

1, __

5, __

8, __

14, __

16, __

19, __

Today let's work on the number before.

The number before 6 is 5.

Can you try these ones;

__, 4

__, 7

__, 2

__, 9

__, 10

Challenge ones;

__, 12

__, 15

__, 16

__, 23

__, 25

__, 30

__, 52

__, 71

__, 96

__, 100

Great job 

Writing

Today for writing I want you to look outside your front door or a window and tell me what you can;

*See
*hear
*feel

Here is my example;

Outside my front door.

Outside my front door I can see beautiful green trees. I can hear people walking up the road. I can feel the wind hitting my face.

Our goals are;


to use a capital letter
full stop
finger spaces
listen to our sounds
write what we see, feel, and hear

I would love to read your stories. You can write them in the comments below or get your parent to email me your writing.

Reading

Here are some different ways you could do your reading today.


Don't forget your sight words

Here they are;







Handwriting


Today our focus letter is 'f'

Remember to start at the top with a little hook

Here is a video to show you how to write the letter 'f'


Watch the video and try and find the letter f


Extra challenge

Can you find 5 things around your house that begin with f?

Art



Todays art challenge is..... can you make some animal leaf art.

Here are some examples I found online



I thought these were really cute. You don't have to use the leaves for all of the animal, just have fun with it.

I would love to see what you have created. Please send me photos of your artwork. (lisar@owairaka.school.nz)

Great job Room 4, See you tomorrow




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 4. Phil from Ako Hiko here. Wow that reindeer looks really cool. I'd love to se any leaf art that you make. I did the extra challenge, f is harder than I thought! I eventually food, a fern, a frame, a face mask and a fruit. What did you find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Room 4, I hope you are all doing well in your home bubble. You have a lot of interesting learning activities to work on. F focus: I looked outside and saw a flower. Remember to read every day and fill in your reading log! Stay safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete