Pages

Thursday 26 August 2021

Thursday 26th August 2021

 Good morning Lusia, Ui, Uluaki, Lauren, O'Sheaan, Milah, Zoe, Frida, Joey, Royston, Jack, Micaiah, Toby, Charlotte, Harvey, Aurora, Mason, Arsh, Sereen.


Today is Thursday 26th August 2021


Can you say or write the date down.

Remember you can email me (lisar@owairaka.school.nz) or write a comment on the blog of any work you have been doing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thursday's lesson

Exercise AND Maths

Todays we are going to join our exercise lesson with our maths lesson. We are going to exercise as well as counting in 2's, 5's, 10's

Counting in 2's

Counting by 5's

Count by 10's

Now that we have practised counting in 2's, 5's and 10's here is some extra challenging work. See if you can give it a go.






Writing

Wow we have been away from each other for over a week now!!!

I want to know what you have been up to :)

Some ideas;

What have you been doing in your bubble?

Have you been on any walks or bike rides?

Have you had any Facetime or Zoom chats with your friends or family?

Have you played a new game with your family?

Remember to use;

a capital letter
full stop
finger spaces
listen to our sounds
2 sentences/ideas

Here is my story.

On Tuesday night I had a Zoom chat with 17 people. It was a lot of fun. Last Saturday we went for a long bike ride. I love riding my bike.

Reading

Remember to read or be read to everyday

Don't forget to check out Epic

It is a programme where you can read books I have assigned to you or choose your own to read. You can also have the person read the story while you listen.

Click on the link below and read the books I have assigned to you.

I have selected 4 books to read or listen to today.

Todays books are;
*A sheep in a jeep
*Pirates
*Sharks
*Peter Rabbit

Our unique code is uxa1429 then select your name.

Here is the link to Epic then click on class code

https://www.getepic.com/

Extra Activities
Here are your sight words to practise and a story to listen to.






Listen to this story


Phonics

How many things can you find in your house that start with....

bl     and    br


Creative activity

I used to love making paper chains when I was little. 

Here is a great video showing you how to make 4 different paper chains.

See if you can give it a go.


What other shapes or objects could you make?

I would love to see. Send me some photos if you can.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Room 4
    I was talking to Ms Romaniuk before and she told me you are all experts at Google Meets! She said you all know how to mute your microphone, and politely say "hello" or "goodbye" when it is your turn. Great job! I can see you're doing lots of learning activities everyday. Keep being safe and kind.

    ReplyDelete