Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2021

Tuesday 7th September 2021


Mālō e lelei    

Lusia, Ui, Uluaki, Lauren, O'Sheaan, Milah, Zoe, Frida, Joey, Royston, Jack, Micaiah, Toby, Charlotte, Harvey, Aurora, Mason, Arsh, Sereen.


Today is Tuesday 7th  September 2021
Can you say that out loud to someone in your house?

It is...

Tongan Language Week

  • Hello = Mālō e lelei
  • How are you?=Fēfē hake?
  • I am good=Sai pe, malo

 Where is New Zealand? Can you find Tongan on the map?

Tonga facing 'absolute disaster' after internet cable blackout | Tonga News  | Al Jazeera


Here is the Tongan flag.  How many colours are in the flag? 

Flag of Tonga image and meaning Tonga flag - country flags 

Can you draw the Tongan flag?

Videos

Watch the following videos and see if you can say some of the words.

Tongan Greetings

Can you say them to your family?

Tongan Colours


Tongan Counting


Tongan Art ideas

You could try some Tongan art. 

Make your own by dying paper brown with a warm wet tea bag. When dry, draw or paint these patterns on (or your own design).





Remember to send me some pictures of your art work.

Reading 

Remember to read or be read to everyday

Don't forget to check out Epic


Click on the link below and read the books I have assigned to you.

I have selected 3 books to read or listen to today.
I have chosen some fairy tales

Todays books are;
*Goldie duck and the three beavers
*Cinderella Zelda
*The gingerbread man

Our unique code is uxa1429 then select your name.

Here is the link to Epic then click on class code

https://www.getepic.com/


Sight words

Don't forget your sight words. Remember the 4 new ones to watch.










Great job Room 4. See you tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Mālō e lelei R 4, I wonder if you are having fun learning some Tongan words and numbers. I would love to do the tapa patterns. I think I might even use some fun colours like purple and green and make up my own tapa design. Have fun with your learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mālō e lelei Room 4. I love the Tongan patterns, especially the turtle. I'd love to see some of the art work you can create yourselves.

    ReplyDelete